502-253-4200

Monday, May 21, 2012

How To Use An Unlocked iPhone


You finally decided to buy an unlocked iPhone, you can use that cell phone on any GSM carrier service that you want. If you no longer wish to use AT&T for whatever reasons you may have, simply put in SIM card from T-Mobile or whichever carrier of your choice.   You can also use an unlocked iPhone when you travel worldwide by using a microSIM that is accessible on a pre-paid network in the country of your choice


If you do not purchase a microSIM from the company, you may want to consider cutting your SIM card with a SIM cutter. These are generally cheap in price and cut accurately. You can insert the card into the SIM slot afterward and then connect your iPhone to iTunes, where it will sync. iTunes will pick up your information by way of the microSIM, although it should be noted that if you are using your iPhone on T-Mobile in the United States, you will not get 3G speeds unless you are in certain areas of the Northwest. You will receive slower EDGE speeds, and FaceTime and MMS also will not work. However, regular calls will be perfectly fine, and you can download apps via the App Store to your heart’s desire.


1 Comments:

At May 24, 2012 at 3:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used a few iPhones on T-Mobile that I've unlocked myself. At one point I had MMS working, but somewhere along the way it mysteriously stopped working. EDGE data on T-Mobile isn't terrible, in a strong signal area I was actually able to stream Pandora in its high quality setting, but it isn't fast enough to stream video. Eventually, I decided I wanted 3G, the security of Apple Care, and to not be constantly waiting for jailbreaks and unlocks so I switched to Verizon. The problem I have with going the factory unlocked route is that the $450 premium is a lot, and it's questionable to me whether you can make up that savings on T-Mobile, and even if you do if not having 3G is really worth it. I bought my iPhones used but they were never in the $650 range, more like $300. I suppose people that have WiFi at home, school, and work could deal with the no 3G issue.
Mobile Repair Services

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home